Tuesday 23 October 2012

Things That I Crave


Craving is not only limited to food only; it can be something material or persons. Be it cigar, coconut shake, stilettos, dresses or etc. etc. As for me there are a few things that I crave for and like some penniless people, I can only crave (for something that needs money spending) and sometimes risking a few things to fulfill my own crave.
Books
Call me a nerd or geek all you want but there’s nothing can change my love for books. It’s my guilty pleasure. I love books and I love buying them and keep them as my collections. Books are the only things I never put any thought when I have plenty money in hand. Even when I have a small amount of money, I never failed to buy a book whenever I stepped out from a bookstore. And when I go shopping, the glitters and shimmers I sees first are of that books that neatly resting on the bookstores shelves. Anyone can set my heart into flutters if I’m given books as presents.
There’s one time a friend asked my other friend why I’m acting like a maniac when I saw bookstores. She replied, “Did you ever see girls went crazy over shoes and pretty dresses? She’s like that when she sees books.” My friend nodded in understanding and every time we went to mall, he’ll jokingly herd us to the opposite of the bookstores.
My books collections are not that many. It’s just because of a simple cause, money. Books I want and wanted are always cost up to 50 bucks and sometimes 100 bucks. Yep, books here cost like bombs. The place where it was published might cost a single digit or not more than 20 bucks which make me jealous of what?
I don’t know since when I love books. Even textbooks for school looks beautiful and tempting to me – ah, don’t be mistaken, I’m not that crazy to collect textbooks too. I think my obsession is that can be considered as obsession? for books started when I first buy Harry Potter. Yep, I’m a Harry Potter geek. It’s addictive to me to read the story more and more. When I realized it, I already have the full collection of Harry Potter (plus ‘the Tales of Beadle the Bard’ and ‘Fantastic Beast and Where to Find them’. As for ‘Quidditch trough the Ages’, I gave it to a friend as a birthday gift. I have a little regret on it but people said the best gift for someone special is something you love the most). Then, I have Twilight for my birthday present. Unfortunately, there are three other books as the continuation for Twilight and of course, I also have the complete set of Twilight Saga. Twilight was an ok love story, at least not too ordinary like some typical love stories, but the Saga make my eyes reading the words with mathematical problems being solved in my head (means that I finished the story without really reading the story). Then, I have a collection of Blood+, the novel, almost completing the collection of the Fallen series (saw the last book for the series but my curiosity for Hunger Games was intriguing), is collecting the series of Hunger Games (waiting for my expenses next two month for the last book), Ramlee Awang Murshid’s novels, especially Tombiruo’s series and Laksamana Sunan’s series, Chicken Soups for The Soul books, the prequel novel of Deathnote, a few motivation books, religious books, comic books, artbooks and many more. I always wanted a bibliography book but well, the one I want at the moment cost up to 100 bucks…
So, my goal for books I want next time are the bibliography book, Chicken Soup’s book (the one with a rabbit on the cover and many more), Rapture, Mockingjay, Beastly (if I can find it), Angela and Diabola (I want to own that book. The one I read was a library book), Roald Dahl’s Charlie’s and Chocolate Factory and Glass Elevator (and etc. etc.), Alice in Wonderland and Trough the Looking Glass (I know, these books are so old but I wanted to read the original story) by Lewis Carrol, and all novels written by my favorite thriller novelist, Ramlee Awang Murshid.
Chocolate Cream Chip

I started to become addicted with this drink when a friend whom addicted to coffee made frequent visits to Starbucks. I don’t drink coffee (I can’t drink coffee because I’m afraid of caffeine poisoning) and my friend suggest Choc Cream Chip which I fell in love with it the moment I took a sip of it. She teased me for having addiction for chocolate instead of coffee like other people who went in and out of Starbucks.
Fortunately, this one, I have control on it (blehhh, it’s not like you really addicted of it~ shut up). It’s not like books which I can’t live without. The prices for a cup of Choc Cream Chip also very costly that can only make me stare longingly at the shop when my pockets are empty. It’s been three month since the last time I had a cup (thrashing crazily)
If I tell this to my mother, she’ll replies, “Find yourself a rich boyfriend.” *close ears boyfriend still not something necessary, at the moment at least* but your heart need cure
Vitagen
It’s a cultured drink. Every time I went to supermarket, I’ll buy Vitagen. It’s not necessary for my need but if I see one, I’ll buy it. Luckily, this one is really cheap (on certain supermarket). I’ll buy one pack which consists of five small bottles per pack. And I’ll drink the whole pack alone, no sharing, thank you. It’s not that I’m stingy (yeah, you are shut up). It’s just the bottle is too small that one don’t enough for me.
My family knows enough that I’ll always sneak one pack to my room and drink all of it alone. Then, one day, my younger brother (who likes Vitagen also; not as much as me) thought of a solution; buy many packs of Vitagen but each pack only has one flavor. Good plan, but still won’t stop me sneaked a pack of orange flavored Vitagen to my room.  Hey, I’m kind enough, though, to sneak the least favorite of Vitagen; everyone in my house doesn’t like orange flavored Vitagen.
I have a strange peculiarity with Vitagen. I rather buy another pack for my brother than sharing the same pack. It’ll cost money (which I treasure so much after books) but as long as I have my one pack of Vitagen, I don’t mind. It’s such a bliss sipping all of five bottles of Vitagen. And I somehow can be easily convinced by a pack of Vitagen whenever my brother wanted something from me (only my brother). 

“Vitagen Bribe~~~”

Anime

What can I say about this one? For past few years I was downloading anime like crazy. And I’m still downloading. Only my university’s wireless and internet didn’t allow me to download movies; mkv files or mediafire files (they block it), THANK YOU SO MUCH. I have more than one hundred of anime in my hardisk and my computer. One Piece? Bleach? Naruto? I have all of them. Complete series, except for One Piece because it’s still ongoing asdjhuebiuhcwuhf the New World sdkfiwnfoirwjih. Naruto Shippuden? Coming Soon~

My favorite anime are of course, Bleach (love Ulqiorra Schiffer the most), Durarara (Heiwajima Shizuo is always the strongest man that hate ‘violence’ *cough*), Kuroko no Basket (not as epic as Slam Dunk, but still Kuroko’s Basket is something worth watching; Kiyoshi Teppei, ichiban!), D.Gray-Man (confusing story but still good anime; can’t love Allen Walker but can’t hate him also), Soul Eater (interesting fighting style with scythe and great soundtracks and weird teacher, Franken Stein) and Ghibli Studio’s anime (Howl’s Moving Castle is one of my favorites). I haven’t watched One Piece, yet. There are more than 500 episodes of it! I can’t find time to watch them I want to watch them straight without delays without being disturbed.

That’s just a bit of anime that I already watch. There are more of them waiting for me. I made a list so I can watch them periodically like watching anime on TV with time set for it. But, I’m too preoccupied with many other things to do; my study, my assignments (which starts to pile), my drawings now, I’m thinking of taking commissions on Deviantart but I’m still far from good, my house chores I’m living alone and have a huge house to take care of, cooking, laundry, cleaning, and etc. Well, I think I’m going to finish the dramas and proceed to Belzeebub first head on.

Games
Febret aku, King of Fighters

I have temporary crave for this one. I could go crazy with games but once I completed the games, I’ll get to my life again. I don’t play strategy games like Dota or War Craft I, II, III etc., I like fighting games like Street Fighter, King of Fighter or Guilty Gear. I also like games that challenging my brain capacity which is not big enough like puzzle games, for instance, Return to Ravenhearst that provide quite brain racking puzzles (it’s not that hard if you think everything in numbers).  

Once addicted to The Sims 3. Yep, the one with building houses and form families. My laptop needs better processor to run the game without it shutting down itself after 5 minutes playing the game. Then, other normal and simple games like Feeding Frenzy, Farm frenzy, Burger Shop, Dynomite, Tumblebugs, Plant vs Zombies etc. Oh, right, I’m the best when playing Burger Shop. Even my brother whom rally good with games can’t defeat my high scores in Burger Shop.

I’m not sure if all of those things can be classified as cravings. But in short, those are the things I spent my money and times the most (which both of them are the things I have less). I’m happy with it and whenever they are fulfilled, I’m really at ease.

P/S: Serius, Hunger Games best. Movie dia best tapi buku dia lagi best. Ada sesetengah orang tak puas hati dengan cerita dia sebab ada orang cakap macam cerita Battle Royale. Tapi, aku rasa tak sama langsung. Buku pertama dia je yang guna idea berbunuhan sesama sendiri. Tapi sebab diorang berbunuhan sesama sendiri tak sama dengan Battle Royale. Kalau ikutkan SAW pun guna basic idea yang sama. Tapi, tak ada orang nak kutuk pun~~~ *kalau da suka orang nak kata gajah rimau pun peduli apa, kan?*hmph

0 comments:

Post a Comment